Prepare Your Quilt Info
- Press all seams accordingly as you are piecing.
- If your quilt does not lay flat, it may cause folds and bunching on the top, bottom or sides of your quilt. Puckers, and tucks cannot be quilted out.
- Make sure all seams are secure.
- Clip all loose/long thread tails on the front and back of top. Dark threads may shadow under lighter fabrics. This is most important if the top or the back of your quilt is light color and somewhat transparent.
- Twisted seams cause bulk which may cause a bump in your quilt.
- Avoid twisted seams by pressing to one side and alternating the direction with each row.
- If you have borders, try to make them lie flat. Wavy borders could result in small puckers or tucks.
- If quilt top is directional, please mark the top with a safety pin. Remove all other pins.
- Because the batting is not pre-washed, so we recommend that you do not pre-wash your fabrics. If you do, remember to pre-wash your backing also.
- We will center to the top of the machine and backing fabric as best as possible.
- We take every effort to keep your top straight by following the lines of your quilt top.
- Backing needs to be 6" to 8" longer in length and width than the quilt top (3" to 4" all around).
Example a 60" x 60" top would have a backing that is 68" x 68".
The additional backing is needed to fasten the backing on the long arm frame.
- Backing should have straight cut edges as best as you can. (We understand most quilters may not have adequate space to lay out a larger quilt)
- If seaming your backing, it is best if the seam is horizontal and press the backing seam open
- Any piecing of the back should be done in the center or towards the top of the back.
- We will do the best we can, but because as we quilt, the material shrinks a little, so we cannot guarantee your backing will be perfectly centered.
- If you have borders on the back, they probably nay not line up properly. We will do our best.
- Please wait to put embellishments like beads or buttons on until after the quilting is complete.
If your top or back does have any embellishments we can "mask" them( quilt around) , each mask is $ 7 extra.
Send Your Quilt top and backing to us.
Once you place your order, mail your top and backing to:
6202 SE 145th Ave.
Portland, OR 97236
If you are in the Portland Oregon area, you can drop your quilt off at our warehouse. We are available most days and evenings, including weekends! Please let us know what time works best for you.